Retail Recruiting Results
Within three months of launch, 596 new employees were identified, interviewed, selected, hired and trained.
Company is a regional retail chain, with locations in three states across the southwest.
Client had a decentralized and inconsistent recruiting department, and was unable to meet the
seasonal hiring demands. Bottlenecks in the interviewing and hiring process prevented targeted
hiring goals from being met, and as a result training classes were not full. Recruiting consumed too
much time for the store management, and the regional HR team.
The goal was for Novotus to provide a centralized hiring solution that would reduce recruiting costs and achieve hiring objectives. During the first three months of implementing a recruiting solution, Novotus:
- Re-engineered the client’s applicant tracking system to improve the candidate experience and streamline the sourcing/screening process.
- Built a custom career landing page to “sell” the opportunity to candidates and improve the candidate quality.
- Managed all recruitment advertising spend to reduce costs, improve messaging, and produce targeted results.
- Created job descriptions and recruiting/interviewing workflow.
- Deployed recruiting teams to the field to manage all in store interviewing. Store managers became responsible for only the final interview and a hire/no hire decision, freeing their time to run their business rather than recruit.
- Managed and scheduled background checks and drug screens.
- Administered all new hire paperwork and training class preparation.
- Coordinated travel for new hires traveling to training.
- Provided custom reporting with real time statistics to closely monitor hiring results.
Return on Investment
- Within three months of launch, 596 new employees were identified, interviewed, selected, hired and trained.
- Recruiting costs were reduced by more than 20%.
- More than 60% of the candidates selected by Novotus for final interviews with store managers were extended offers.
- Because of the quick implementation and the urgent hiring needs, training classes were held every two weeks.
- Training classes operated at more than 90% of capacity, the highest level the company had experienced in more than three years.